Next stepPrevious step
Out of the box setup
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Before you can set up your TG589vac WiFi Router modem you will need to check that you have a BT phone socket installed (this will be arranged in advance of your start date) and that your SSE broadband plan is ready to start.
Inside the TG589vac WiFi Router box you will find your TG589vac WiFi Router modem, the Power Supply, an Ethernet cable (Yellow end) and Phone cable (Grey end).
- 2. Plug the Power cable into the Power socket on the back of the modem.
- 3. Plug the Power Cable into the mains power and switch on.
- 4. Plug the grey Phone cable into the DSL port on the back of the modem.
- 5. Plug the other end into the BT socket in your home/ office.
- 6. Plug the yellow Ethernet cable into the Network port on the back of the modem.You only need to connect this cable if you do not have a wireless computer/ laptop.
- 7. Plug the other end into the Network port on the back of your computer.You only need to connect this cable if you do not have a wireless computer/ laptop.
- 8. Press the Power button on the back of the modem. The LED lights will flash briefly whilst the broadband is activating.
- 9. Once the broadband is activated the Status LED will turn green and the modem will be ready to use.