Next stepPrevious step
Out of the box setup
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Before you can set up your TG589vac Wi-Fi Router modem you will need to check that you have a BT phone socket installed (this will be arranged in advance of your start date) and that your SSE broadband plan is ready to start.
Inside the TG589vac Wi-Fi Router box you will find your TG589vac Wi-Fi Router modem, the Power Supply, an Ethernet cable (Yellow end) and Phone cable (Grey end).
- 2. Plug the Power cable into the Power socket on the back of the modem.
- 3. Plug the Power Cable into the mains power and switch on.
- 4. Plug the grey Phone cable into the DSL port on the back of the modem.
- 5. Plug the other end into the BT socket in your home/ office.
- 6. Plug the yellow Ethernet cable into the Network port on the back of the modem.You only need to connect this cable if you do not have a wireless computer/ laptop.
- 7. Plug the other end into the Network port on the back of your computer.You only need to connect this cable if you do not have a wireless computer/ laptop.
- 8. Press the Power button on the back of the modem. The LED lights will flash briefly whilst the broadband is activating.
- 9. Once the broadband is activated the Status LED will turn green and the modem will be ready to use.