Next stepPrevious step
How to create access controls on my TG589vac Wi-Fi Router
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- 1. Open a web browser.
- 2. Type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard to access the modem's settings.
- 3. When you have Signed in (see the Topic "How to log in to my TG589vac Wi-Fi Router"), click on User Management.
- 4. To create a new user click Add new user.
- 5. In the Name text area enter the name of your new user E.g sse-guest.
- 6. Chose a user role from the Role drop down menu. E.g click Guest.
- 7. In the Password text area enter a password for you new user.
- 8. In the Repeat Password text area re-enter the password for the new user.
- 9. Click Add new user to create the new user account.
- 10. The new Guest user will have fewer privileges than that of an Admin user. If the Guest user tries to click on any restricted information they will be forwarded to the login screen and required to login as an Admin user.