Next stepPrevious step
How to connect a USB device to my TG589vac WiFi Router on a PC
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Share files on your home network by connecting a USB storage device (flash drive or external hard drive) to the TG589vac WiFi Router.
All users connected to the primary wireless network will be able to see, add, modify and delete files on the attached device. Users on the guest wireless network won't have access to the device.
- 1. Plug the USB storage device into the TG589vac WiFi Router.
- 2. To find the name of your shared network open your web browser.
- 3. Type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard to access the modem's settings.
- 4. When you have Signed in (see the Topic "How to log in to my TG589vac WiFi Router"), click Content Sharing.
- 5. Make a note of or highlight and copy (Ctrl+C) of the Samba name, E.g copy TG589vac_Share.
- 6. On the computer desktop, click the Start button.
- 7. Click File Explorer.
- 8. Click on the address bar.
- 9. Delete the current text and enter \\TG589vac_Share or paste (Ctrl+V) from the copied Samba name (see Step 5).
- 10. Press Enter on your keyboard.
- 11. Click on the USB device to access the files.You may be required to enter your admin details to connect to the router.