Next stepPrevious step
How to connect a USB device to my TG589vac Wi-Fi Router on a Mac
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Share files on your home network by connecting a USB storage device (flash drive or external hard drive) to the TG589vac Wi-Fi Router.
All users connected to the primary wireless network will be able to see, add, modify and delete files on the attached device. Users on the guest wireless network won't have access to the device.
- 1. Plug the USB storage device into the TG589vac Wi-Fi Router.
- 2. To find the name of your shared network open your web browser.
- 3. Type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard to access the modem's settings.
- 4. When you have Signed in (see the Topic "How to log in to my TG589vac Wi-Fi Router"), click Content Sharing.
- 5. Make a note of or highlight and copy (Cmd+C) of the Samba name, E.g copy TG589vac_Share.
- 6. On the computer desktop, click Go.
- 7. Click Connect to Server.
- 8. Type or paste (Cmd+C) the Share name to the Server Address text area (e.g. TG589vac_Share) and press Enter.For more information on the Samba/ Share Name see step 5.
- 9. Click on the USB device to access the files.