Next stepPrevious step
How to change the admin password
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- The administrator password is required when accessing the modem's settings. By default, the password is set to "admin" but you can set your own password for increased security.
- 1. Open a web browser.
- 2. Type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard to access the modem's settings.
- 3. When you have Signed in (see the Topic "How to log in to my TG589vac Wi-Fi Router"), click the admin drop down arrow in the top corner of the screen.
- 4. Click Change my password.
- 5. In the Your old password field, enter the current password for the modem.The default password for this modem is admin.
- 6. Enter a new password in to the Your new password field.
- 7. Re-enter the new password in Repeat new password field.
- 8. Click Change password to confirm the changes.