Next stepPrevious step
Complete a Ping and Traceroute from Command Prompt
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- 1. From your computer desktop, click the Start button.
- 2. In the Search text area type cmd and press Enter.
- 3. The Command Prompt will open. Type ping and the address you want to ping, e.g. bbc.co.uk, and press Enter.
- 4. Your computer will perform the ping test.
- 5. To complete a Traceroute type tracert and the web address you wish to trace to, e.g. bbc.co.uk and press Enter.
- 6. Your computer will perform the Traceroute.