Router Quick Setup Guide
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Wait until the Broadband start date before setting up the Router, and be aware that sometimes Broadband is only activated in the evening of the start date.
Inside the box you will find your Router, the Power Supply with UK adapter, 1 x Instruction booklet, 1 x Wi-Fi Key card, 1 x Broadband (DSL) cable (grey connectors), 1 x Ethernet network cable (yellow connectors) and 2 x Filters.
- 2. Slide the UK 3-pin adapter onto the power supply so it clicks into place then plug the whole unit into a mains electricity socket.
- 3. Connect the other end of the Power supply into the Power socket of the router.
- 4. Plug the Broadband (DSL) cable (grey connectors) into the DSL port (grey) on the back of the router
- 5. If the BT wall socket has both broadband & telephone ports then plug the other end of the Broadband (DSL) cable (grey connectors) into the broadband port otherwise skip this step and use a Filter.
- 6. If the BT wall socket has no broadband port, plug the telephone connector end of a Filter into the BT wall socket.
- 7. Connect the other end of the Broadband (DSL) cable (grey connectors) into the Modem port of the Filter.
- 8. Switch on the Router by pressing the On/Off power switch on the back. The LED lights will flash whilst the broadband is activating.
- 9. Once the broadband is activated the “i” light will be solid green.If it stays red for more than 10 mins it means the internet is not connected — check the broadband activation date and if it was in the past then switch off the router for 3 mins and turn it back on again.