Next stepPrevious step
Share USB Content with a Mac
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Share files on your home network by connecting a USB storage device (flash drive or external hard drive) to the Router.
All users connected to the primary wireless network will be able to see, add, modify and delete files on the attached device. Users on the guest wireless network wonʼt have access to the device.
- 1. Plug the USB storage device into the Router.
- 2. To find the name of your shared network open your web browser.
- 3. Type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard to access the routerʼs settings.
- 4. When you have Signed in (see the Topic “Log into the Router Management Interface”), click Content Sharing.
- 5. Make a note of or highlight and copy (Cmd+C) of the Samba name, E.g copy Technicolor.
- 6. On the computer desktop, click Go.
- 7. Click Connect to Server.
- 8. Type or paste (Cmd+C) the Share name to the Server Address text area (e.g. Technicolor) and press Enter.For more information on the Samba/ Share Name see step 5.
- 9. Click on the USB device to access the files.